Like humans, some dogs can be prone to weight gain as they become older or less active. Neutered or spayed dogs can also be prone to excessive weight gain due to reduced energy requirements. Older, overweight or less active dogs still need a carefully balanced diet, with high quality ingredients to maintain their health and condition and Field & Trial Light & Senior has been specifically formulated to meet these needs. Wheat gluten free made with easily digestible chicken and rice, it is lower in protein and fat which can help dogs lose excessive weight. It also contains enhanced levels of Glucosamine and Chondroitin to help protect the joints of your dog.
It can be fed straight from the bag or, if your dog prefers, moistened a few minutes before serving with a small amount of tepid water.
Our recommended feeding guide is 100gm per 8kg of target bodyweight, split into 2 meals per day.
Nutritional requirements of working dogs can vary according to the season, level of work undertaken, gender, age and breed.
Trace Elements per kg
- Iron (as ferrous sulphate monohydrate)10mg
- Iodine (as calcium iodate anhydrous)1.5mg
- Copper (as cupric sulphate pentahydrate)7mg
- Manganese (as manganous oxide)30mg
- Zinc (as zinc oxide)70mg
- (as zinc chelate of amino acids hydrate)30mg
- Selenium (as organic selenium saccharomyces cerevisiae)0.1mg
- Contains tocopherol rich extracts of natural origin (Vitamin E) as EC permitted antioxidant
- Naked oats
- Chicken meat meal
- Brown rice
- Beet pulp
- White fish meal
We manufacture all our own products at our Mill in Suffolk. This means we have total control over every aspect of production from the sourcing of raw materials through to manufacture, distribution and most importantly quality control.